Birdhouses For Barn Swallows Pop Up On Riverside Drive - Ottawa - CBC News (awesome Barn Swallow Bird House #3)
Birdhouses For Barn Swallows Pop Up On Riverside Drive - Ottawa - CBC News (awesome Barn Swallow Bird House #3) Photos Album
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Barnbarn1 (bärn),USA pronunciation n.
- a building for storing hay, grain, etc., and often for housing livestock.
- a very large garage for buses, trucks, etc.;
- to store (hay, grain, etc.) in a barn.
Swallowsswal•low1 (swol′ō),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to take into the stomach by drawing through the throat and esophagus with a voluntary muscular action, as food, drink, or other substances.
- to take in so as to envelop;
withdraw from sight;
assimilate or absorb: He was swallowed by the crowd.
- to accept without question or suspicion.
- to accept without opposition;
put up with: to swallow an insult.
- to accept for lack of an alternative: Consumers will have to swallow new price hikes.
- to suppress (emotion, a laugh, a sob, etc.) as if by drawing it down one's throat.
- to take back;
retract: to swallow one's words.
- to enunciate poorly;
mutter: He swallowed his words.
- to perform the act of swallowing.
- the act or an instance of swallowing.
- a quantity swallowed at one time;
a mouthful: Take one swallow of brandy.
- capacity for swallowing.
- Also called crown, throat. [Naut., Mach.]the space in a block, between the groove of the sheave and the shell, through which the rope runs.
Poppop1 (pop),USA pronunciation v., popped, pop•ping, n., adv., adj.
- to make a short, quick, explosive sound: The cork popped.
- to burst open with such a sound, as chestnuts or corn in roasting.
- to come or go quickly, suddenly, or unexpectedly: She popped into the kitchen to check the stove.
- to shoot with a firearm: to pop at a mark.
- to protrude from the sockets: The news made her eyes pop.
- to hit a pop fly (often fol. by up).
- to pop out.
- to cause to make a sudden, explosive sound.
- to cause to burst open with such a sound.
- to open suddenly or violently: to pop the hood on a car; to pop the tab on a beer can.
- to put or thrust quickly, suddenly, or unexpectedly: He popped the muffins into the oven.
- to cause to fire;
discharge: He popped his rifle at the bird.
- to shoot (usually fol. by at, off, etc.): He popped off bottles with a slingshot.
- to pawn.
- to take or swallow (pills), esp. in excess or habitually;
take orally in a compulsive or addictive way: Popping all those pills will land him in the hospital.
- to eat in a continual or thoughtless manner, as snack foods: popping peanuts at the movies.
- pop for, [Slang.]to pay or buy for oneself or another, esp. as a gift or treat;
spring for: I'll pop for the first round of drinks.
- pop in, [Informal.]to visit briefly and unexpectedly;
drop by: Maybe we'll pop in after the movie.
- pop off, [Informal.]
- to die, esp. suddenly.
- to depart, esp. abruptly.
- to express oneself volubly or excitedly and sometimes irately or indiscreetly: He popped off about the injustice of the verdict.
- pop out, [Baseball.]to be put out by hitting a pop fly caught on the fly by a player on the opposing team.
- pop the question, [Informal.]to propose marriage: They dated for two years before he popped the question.
- pop up, [Baseball.]to hit a pop fly.
- a short, quick, explosive sound.
- a popping.
- a shot with a firearm.
- See soda pop.
- a drink or portion of an alcoholic beverage, as a drink of whiskey or a glass of beer: We had a couple of pops on the way home.
- [Baseball.]See pop fly.
- a pop, [Slang.]each;
apiece: five orchids at $30 a pop.
- with an explosive sound: The balloon went pop.
- quickly, suddenly, or unexpectedly: Pop, the door flew open!
without prior warning or announcement: The teacher gave us a pop quiz.
Upup (up),USA pronunciation adv., prep., adj., n., v., upped, up•ping.
- to, toward, or in a more elevated position: to climb up to the top of a ladder.
- to or in an erect position: to stand up.
- out of bed: to get up.
- above the horizon: The moon came up.
- to or at any point that is considered higher.
- to or at a source, origin, center, or the like: to follow a stream up to its source.
- to or at a higher point or degree, as of rank, size, value, pitch, loudness, brightness, maturity, or speed:to move up in a firm;
to pump up a tire;
to turn a lantern up;
Prices are going up. Speak up! Hurry up!
in a leading position in a competition: He managed to get up on his opponent by three points.
- in continuing contact, esp. as reflecting continuing awareness, knowledge, etc.: to keep up with the latest developments in mathematics.
- into or in activity, operation, etc.: to set up vibrations.
- into a state of emotional agitation or distress: His insults left her all roiled up.
- into existence, visible form, etc.: His sample was worked up in the studio.
- into view, prominence, or consideration: The lost papers have turned up.
- into or in a place of safekeeping, storage, retirement, etc.: to lay up riches; to put up preserves.
- into or in a state of union, contraction, etc.: to add up a column of figures; to fold up.
- to the required or final point: to pay up one's debts; burned up.
- to a state of completion;
to an end: She finished it all up.
- to a halt: The riders reined up and dismounted.
- [Baseball.]being the player or team batting;
- (used as a function word for additional emphasis, sometimes prec. by it): Go wake your father up. What plugged it up? We laughed it up.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents in points, games, etc.: The golfer was two strokes up on his nearest competitor.
apiece: The score was seven up in the final quarter.
- (of machines or equipment, as computers) working;
in working order or in operation.
- [Informal.]without the addition of ice;
straight up: Bring me a martini, up.
- [Naut.]toward the wind: Put the helm up.
- all up with, at or approaching the end of;
with defeat or ruin imminent for: He realized it was all up with him when the search party began to close in.
- go up in one's lines. See line 1 (def. 58).
- up against, faced or confronted with: They were up against formidable obstacles.
- up against it, in a difficult situation, esp. in financial straits: There was no one to help him when he was up against it.
- up and around, recovered from an illness;
able to leave one's bed. Also, up and about.
- up and down:
- back and forth;
backward and forward: He paced up and down.
- from top to bottom or head to toe: She looked me up and down before replying.
- up for, considered as eligible or as a possibility for (something): The child is up for adoption. Three actresses are up for the role.
- up to:
- as far as or approaching (a certain part, degree, point, etc.): She went wading up to her knees. I am up to the eighth lesson.
- in full realization or attainment of: He worked up to president of the company.
- as many as;
to the limit of: The car will seat up to five persons.
- having adequate powers or ability for;
equal to: He didn't think I was up to the job.
- the duty or responsibility of;
incumbent upon: It's up to you to break the news to him.
- engaged in;
doing: What have you been up to lately?
- to, toward, or at an elevated place on or in: They went up the stairs. The cat is up the tree.
- to, toward, or at a high or higher station, condition, or rank on or in: He is well up the social ladder.
- at or to a farther point or higher place on or in: She is up the street. I'm going up the street.
- toward the source, origin, etc., of: up the stream.
- toward a particular direction or in the interior of, as a region or territory: The explorers were up north.
- in a course or direction that is contrary to that of: to row up the current.
- up your ass, [Slang](vulgar). See shove (def. 6). Also, up yours.
- moving in or related to a direction that is up or is regarded as up: the up elevator; the up train traveling north; the up platform of a railroad station.
aware (usually fol. by on or in): She is always up on current events.
terminated: The game is up. Your hour is up.
- going on or happening;
occurring: What's up over there?
- having a high position or station: He is up in society.
- in an erect, vertical, or raised position: The gate at the railroad crossing is up. The tent is up.
- above the earth or ground: The corn is up and ready to be harvested.
- in the air;
aloft: The meteorological balloons are up. The airplanes are up for their reconnaissance flights.
- (of heavenly bodies) risen above the horizon: The sun is up.
- awake or out of bed: to be up with insomnia.
- mounted on horseback: He knows which jockeys are up in every race.
- (of water in natural bodies) high with relation to the banks or shore: The tide is up.
constructed: The new museum is up and open to the public.
- facing upward: He is resting and his face is up.
- See sunnyside up.
- (of roads, highways, etc.) having the surface broken or removed (usually used in combination): a torn-up road.
- in revolt, mutiny, or rebellious agitation: Many territories were up and preparing to send troops against the government.
- in a state of agitation: Beware of him when his temper is up.
- [Informal.]cheerful or optimistic;
- [Informal.]productive, favorable, or profitable: a string of up months for the company.
- afoot or amiss: Her nervous manner told me that something was up.
- in a state of enthusiastic or confident readiness (usually fol. by for): The team was definitely up for the game.
on the way: She was on a ship up for Australia.
- resolved in an unfavorable or undesired way: They knew that their game was up.
- higher than formerly in cost, amount, degree, etc.: The price of meat was up.
- (of age) advanced (usually fol. by in): He is rather spry for a man so up in years.
- active: The captain wished to set sail as soon as the wind was up.
- in a legal proceeding as defendant: He is up for murder.
- in operation or ready for use: The theater's lights are up.
- (of points or other standards used to determine the winner in a competition) ahead;
in advance: He won the game with two points up over his opponent.
- considered or under consideration: a candidate up for reelection; a bill that is up before Congress.
bet: He won all the money up in the game.
- living or located inland or on elevated ground: They live in a village two miles up from the coast.
- (used with a preceding numeral to indicate that a score is tied in a competition): It was 10 up at the end of the first half.
- ahead of an opponent or opponents: They scored three times in a row to go two up.
- straight up. See straight (def. 38).
- up and doing, [Informal.]actively engaged;
busy: During her convalescence she longed to be up and doing.
- an upward movement;
- a rise of fortune, mood, etc.
- a time of good fortune, prosperity, or happiness: He has had more ups than downs in his career.
- an upbound means of public transportation, as a train or bus.
- [Informal.]a feeling or state of happiness, exuberance, or elation.
- [Slang.]upper (def. 10).
- a person or thing that is in a favorable position of wealth, fortune, etc.: People who were ups in the business world suffered losses in the economic depression.
- an upward slope;
- an upward course or rise, as in price or value: The landlord promised his tenants there would be no further ups in the rent this year.
- on the up and up, [Informal.]frank;
sincere: He seems to be on the up and up.Also, on the up-and-up.
- to put or take up.
- to make larger;
step up: to up output.
- to raise;
go better than (a preceding wager): to up the ante.
- [Informal.]to start up;
begin something abruptly (usually fol. by and and another verb): Then he upped and ran away from home.
- (often used imperatively or hortatively) to rise up: Up, men, and fight until all the enemy are defeated!
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Newsnews (no̅o̅z, nyo̅o̅z),USA pronunciation n. (usually used with a sing. v.)
- a report of a recent event;
information: His family has had no news of his whereabouts for months.
- the presentation of a report on recent or new events in a newspaper or other periodical or on radio or television.
- such reports taken collectively;
information reported: There's good news tonight.
- a person, thing, or event considered as a choice subject for journalistic treatment;
newsworthy material. Cf. copy (def. 5).
Howdy guys, this attachment is about Birdhouses For Barn Swallows Pop Up On Riverside Drive - Ottawa - CBC News (awesome Barn Swallow Bird House #3). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 1121 x 631. This attachment's file size is just 166 KB. Wether You desired to download It to Your laptop, you can Click here. You could also see more pictures by clicking the following photo or read more at this article: Barn Swallow Bird House.
Barn Swallow Bird House may be different to place companion. But determine kitchen backsplash's product and actually select the design can be an exercise that must be accomplished so the kitchen friend rooang search trendy and cross eyed! Usually your kitchen backsplash content that's widely used is ceramic. Listed here is inspiring backsplash tile is unique! Let's discover!
Home backsplash frequently situated on the wall is employed being a kitchen sink region. Because typically in the area of the kitchen sink will be a large amount of splashes of water or of applied cooking gas and would be extremely undesirable if it splashes to the surfaces of the house, therefore it is given as a kitchen backsplash answer along with decorating accents in the home. Kitchen backsplash tile is extremely pretty flowered design with style kitchen that is minimalist.
The dull color is very mounted on the room layout or modern-style Barn Swallow Bird House that is minimalist. Thus is applied while in the home. With elegant modern interiordesign, kitchen tile were picked that have a concept similar to organic stone with dreary shades-of colour so that you can fit the environment while in the kitchen. Home backsplash that period applied throughout the kitchen wall beginning with your kitchen sink to storage.