Cast Iron Shower Base (attractive Cast Iron Shower Pan Idea #1)
Castcast (kast, käst),USA pronunciation v., cast, cast•ing, n., adj.
- to throw or hurl;
fling: The gambler cast the dice.
- to throw off or away: He cast the advertisement in the wastebasket.
- to direct (the eye, a glance, etc.), esp. in a cursory manner: She cast her eyes down the page.
- to cause to fall upon something or in a certain direction;
send forth: to cast a soft light; to cast a spell; to cast doubts.
- to draw (lots), as in telling fortunes.
- to throw out (a fishing line, net, bait, etc.): The fisherman cast his line.
- to fish in (a stream, an area, etc.): He has often cast this brook.
- to throw down or bring to the ground: She cast herself on the sofa.
- to part with;
lose: The horse cast a shoe.
- to shed or drop (hair, fruit, etc.): The snake cast its skin.
- (of an animal) to bring forth (young), esp. abortively.
- to send off (a swarm), as bees do.
- to throw or set aside;
discard or reject;
dismiss: He cast the problem from his mind.
- to throw forth, as from within;
emit or eject;
- to throw up (earth, sod, etc.), as with a shovel.
- to put or place, esp. hastily or forcibly: to cast someone in prison.
- to deposit or give (a ballot or vote).
- to bestow;
confer: to cast blessings upon someone.
- to make suitable or accordant;
tailor: He cast his remarks to fit the occasion.
- to select actors for (a play, motion picture, or the like).
- to allot a role to (an actor).
- to assign an actor to (a role).
- to form (an object) by pouring metal, plaster, etc., in a fluid state into a mold and letting it harden.
- to form (metal, plaster, etc.) into a particular shape by pouring it into a mold in a fluid state and letting it harden.
- to tap (a blast furnace).
- to compute or calculate;
add, as a column of figures.
- to compute or calculate (a horoscope) astrologically;
- to turn or twist;
- to turn the head of (a vessel), esp. away from the wind in getting under way.
- [Fox Hunting.](of a hunter) to lead or direct (hounds) over ground believed to have been recently traveled by a fox.
- [Archaic.]to contrive, devise, or plan.
- [Obs.]to ponder.
- to throw.
- to receive form in a mold.
- to calculate or add.
- to conjecture;
- (of hounds) to search an area for scent: The setter cast, but found no scent.
- to warp, as timber.
- (of a vessel) to turn, esp. to get the head away from the wind;
- to select the actors for a play, motion picture, or the like.
- to consider.
- to plan or scheme.
- cast about:
- to look, as to find something;
seek: We cast about for something to do during the approaching summer vacation.
- to scheme;
plan: He cast about how he could avoid work.
- cast away:
- Also, cast aside. to reject;
- to shipwreck.
- to throw away;
squander: He will cast away this money just as he has done in the past.
- cast back, to refer to something past;
revert to: The composer casts back to his earlier work.
- cast down, to lower;
- cast off:
- to discard;
- to let go or let loose, as a vessel from a mooring.
- [Print.]to determine the quantity of type or space that a given amount of text will occupy when set.
- to make (the final stitches) in completing a knitted fabric.
- to throw (a falcon) off from the fist to pursue game.
- cast on, to set (yarn) on a needle in order to form the initial stitches in knitting.
- cast out, to force out;
- cast up:
- to add up;
- to vomit;
- [Chiefly Scot.]to turn up;
- act of casting or throwing.
- that which is thrown.
- the distance to which a thing may be cast or thrown.
- a throw of dice.
- the number rolled.
- act of throwing a line or net onto the water.
- a spot for casting;
a fishing place.
- [Theat.]the group of performers to whom parts are assigned;
- [Hunting.]a searching of an area for a scent by hounds.
- a stroke of fortune;
fortune or lot.
- a ride offered on one's way;
- the form in which something is made or written;
- act of casting or founding.
- the quantity of metal cast at one time.
- something formed from a material poured into a mold in a molten or liquid state;
- an impression or mold made from something.
- a rigid surgical dressing, usually made of bandage treated with plaster of Paris.
- outward form;
- a permanent twist or turn: to have a cast in one's eye.
- a warp.
- a slight tinge of some color;
shade: A good diamond does not have a yellowish cast.
- a dash or trace;
a small amount.
- a conjecture;
- [Zool.]something that is shed, ejected, or cast off or out, as molted skin, a feather, food from a bird's crop, or the coil of sand and waste passed by certain earthworms.
- [Ornith.]pellet (def. 6).
- [Falconry.]a pair of hawks put in flight together.
- effused plastic matter produced in the hollow parts of various diseased organs.
- low-grade, irregular wool.
- at a single cast, through a single action or event: He bankrupted himself at a single cast.
- (of an animal, esp. a horse) lying in such a position that it is unable to return to its feet without assistance.
Ironi•ron (ī′ərn),USA pronunciation n.
- a ductile, malleable, silver-white metallic element, scarcely known in a pure condition, but much used in its crude or impure carbon-containing forms for making tools, implements, machinery, etc. Symbol: Fe;
at. wt.: 55.847;
at. no.: 26;
sp. gr.: 7.86 at 20°C. Cf. cast iron, pig iron, steel, wrought iron.
- something hard, strong, rigid, unyielding, or the like: hearts of iron.
- an instrument, utensil, weapon, etc., made of iron.
- an appliance with a flat metal bottom, used when heated, as by electricity, to press or smooth clothes, linens, etc.
- [Golf.]one of a series of nine iron-headed clubs having progressively sloped-back faces, used for driving or lofting the ball. Cf. wood1 (def. 8).
- a branding iron.
- any of several tools, structural members, etc., of metals other than iron.
- the blade of a carpenter's plane.
- a pistol.
- a harpoon.
- a preparation of iron or containing iron, used chiefly in the treatment of anemia, or as a styptic and astringent.
- irons, shackles or fetters: Put him in irons!
- a sword.
- in irons:
- [Naut.](of a sailing vessel) unable to maneuver because of the position of the sails with relation to the direction of the wind.
- [Naut.](of a towing vessel) unable to maneuver because of tension on the towing line.
- Also, into irons. in shackles or fetters.
- irons in the fire, matters with which one is immediately concerned;
projects: He had other irons in the fire, so that one failure would not destroy him.
- pump iron, to lift weights as an exercise or in competition.
- strike while the iron is hot, to act quickly when an opportunity presents itself.
- of, containing, or made of iron: an iron skillet.
- resembling iron in firmness, strength, color, etc.: an iron will.
- holding or binding strongly: an iron grip.
- irritating or harsh in tone: an iron voice.
- to smooth or press with a heated iron, as clothes or linens.
- to furnish, mount, or arm with iron.
- to shackle or fetter with irons.
- to smooth and thin the walls of (an object being deep-drawn).
- to press clothes, linens, etc., with an iron.
- iron out:
- to iron or press (an item of clothing or the like).
- to remove (wrinkles) from by ironing.
- to resolve or clear up (difficulties, disagreements, etc.): The problem was ironed out months ago.
Showershow•er1 (shou′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a brief fall of rain or, sometimes, of hail or snow.
- Also called show′er bath′. a bath in which water is sprayed on the body, usually from an overhead perforated nozzle(showerhead).
- the apparatus for this or the room or stall enclosing it.
- a large supply or quantity: a shower of wealth.
- a party given for a bestowal of presents of a specific kind, esp. such a party for a prospective bride or prospective mother: a linen shower; a baby shower.
- a fall of many objects, as tears, sparks, or missiles.
- See air shower.
- showers, a room or area equipped with several showerheads or stalls for use by a number of people at the same time.
- send to the showers, [Baseball.]
- to replace (a pitcher) during a game, usually because he or she is ineffective: The coach sent him to the showers after he walked three batters in a row.
- to cause (a pitcher) to be replaced in a game, as by getting many hits off him or her;
knock out of the box: Two home runs and a line-drive double sent her to the showers.
- to bestow liberally or lavishly.
- to deluge (a person) with gifts, favors, etc.: She was showered with gifts on her birthday.
- to bathe (oneself ) in a shower bath.
- to rain in a shower.
- to take a shower bath.
Basebase1 (bās),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., based, bas•ing.
- the bottom support of anything;
that on which a thing stands or rests: a metal base for the table.
- a fundamental principle or groundwork;
basis: the base of needed reforms.
- the bottom layer or coating, as of makeup or paint.
- the distinctively treated portion of a column or pier below the shaft or shafts. See diag. under column.
- the distinctively treated lowermost portion of any construction, as a monument, exterior wall, etc.
- [Bot., Zool.]
- the part of an organ nearest its point of attachment.
- the point of attachment.
- the principal element or ingredient of anything, considered as its fundamental part: face cream with a lanolin base; paint with a lead base.
- that from which a commencement, as of action or reckoning, is made;
a starting point or point of departure.
- any of the four corners of the diamond, esp. first, second, or third base. Cf. home plate.
- a square canvas sack containing sawdust or some other light material, for marking first, second, or third base.
- a starting line or point for runners, racing cars, etc.
- (in hockey and other games) the goal.
- a fortified or more or less protected area or place from which the operations of an army or an air force proceed.
- a supply installation for a large military force.
- [Geom.]the line or surface forming the part of a figure that is most nearly horizontal or on which it is supposed to stand.
- the number that serves as a starting point for a logarithmic or other numerical system.
- a collection of subsets of a topological space having the property that every open set in the given topology can be written as the union of sets of the collection.
- a collection of neighborhoods of a point such that every neighborhood of the point contains one from the collection.
- a collection of sets of a given filter such that every set in the filter is contained in some set in the collection.
- Also called base line. See under triangulation (def. 1).
- vehicle (def. 10).
- Also called carrier. inert matter, used in the preparation of lakes, onto which a coloring compound is precipitated.
- [Photog.]a thin, flexible layer of cellulose triacetate or similar material that holds the light-sensitive film emulsion and other coatings, esp. on motion-picture film.
- a compound that reacts with an acid to form a salt, as ammonia, calcium hydroxide, or certain nitrogen-containing organic compounds.
- the hydroxide of a metal or of an electropositive element or group.
- a group or molecule that takes up or accepts protons.
- a molecule or ion containing an atom with a free pair of electrons that can be donated to an acid;
an electron-pair donor.
- any of the purine and pyrimidine compounds found in nucleic acids: the purines adenine and guanine and the pyrimidines cytosine, thymine, and uracil.
- the part of a complex word, consisting of one or more morphemes, to which derivational or inflectional affixes may be added, as want in unwanted or biolog- in biological. Cf. root1 (def. 11), stem 1 (def. 16).
- the component of a generative grammar containing the lexicon and phrase-structure rules that generate the deep structure of sentences.
- an electrode or terminal on a transistor other than the emitter or collector electrodes or terminals.
- the part of an incandescent lamp or electron tube that includes the terminals for making electrical connection to a circuit or power supply.
- the level at which a security ceases a decline in price.
- the lower part of an escutcheon.
- bases, [Armor.]a tonlet formed of two shaped steel plates assembled side by side.
- pavilion (def. 6).
- get to first base. See first base (def. 2).
- in base, in the lower part of an escutcheon.
- off base:
- [Baseball.]not touching a base: The pitcher caught him off base and, after a quick throw, he was put out by the second baseman.
- [Informal.]badly mistaken: The police were way off base when they tried to accuse her of the theft.
- on base, [Baseball.]having reached a base or bases: Two men are on base.
- touch base with, to make contact with: They've touched base with every political group on campus.
- serving as or forming a base: The walls will need a base coat and two finishing coats.
- to make or form a base or foundation for.
- to establish, as a fact or conclusion (usually fol. by on or upon): He based his assumption of her guilt on the fact that she had no alibi.
- to place or establish on a base or basis;
found (usually fol. by on or upon): Our plan is based on a rising economy.
- to station, place, or situate (usually fol. by at or on): He is based at Fort Benning. The squadron is based on a carrier.
- to have a basis;
be based (usually fol. by on or upon): Fluctuating prices usually base on a fickle public's demand.
- to have or maintain a base: I believe they had based on Greenland at one time.
Hello folks, this image is about Cast Iron Shower Base (attractive Cast Iron Shower Pan Idea #1). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 608 x 434. This attachment's file size is just 43 KB. If You decided to download It to Your laptop, you should Click here. You could also download more images by clicking the picture below or read more at this post: Cast Iron Shower Pan.
The advantages of this kind are real and organic. Color-correction can be carried out through a means of varnish. Nevertheless, this type of timber flooring cost offer fairly substantial since it consists of solid wood bits. The installment cause chemical smells from concluding and usually requires a long-time.
This type of product is not tolerant to moisture. Where the upper covering resembles wood motif made from a type of plastic this kind of timber is really a clone of the initial wooden surfaces. As it consists of plastic material in order better damage resistance. But when you need a cozy environment with organic motifs produced from the initial Cast Iron Shower Base (attractive Cast Iron Shower Pan Idea #1) Floor is unquestionably not a good choice.
The advantages of manufactured wood flooring is often named manufactured parquet is in the act are created such that the common conditions that generally arise in strong wood such as devaluation and bending doesn't occur, the way the engineering process level where the layers of wood fitted with hemp direction reverse to one another layers, the top coating consists of venner (layers of wood).